- the CIVIL warS, Act V - Rome section: Interlude No. 1 — 6 min.
- Description |
Before the Storm is a short prelude to The Eternal Struggle. This concert piece’s archival photography commemorates historically significant places such as the Appomattox Court House and cities that later became battlefields. It depicts the lives and surroundings of everyday people divided by geography, ideology and color shortly before the Civil War.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of historical images choreographed by our artist
- Premiere |
- Orlando Philharmonic and Akron Symphony Orchestra (commissioning orchestras)
- Pairs well with |
- The Eternal Struggle
- Includes handpicked historical photography from Library of Congress and US National Archives
- Choreography and production research by James Westwater
- Performed by Nicholas Bardonnay
- Before the Storm |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece