Music | Choose one music option
- Second Essay for Orchestra, Op. 17 — 11 min.
- Symphony No. 3: I. Molto moderato — 10 min.
- "Leningrad" Symphony No. 7 in C Major, Op. 60: III. Adagio — 18 min.
- VAUGHAN WILLIAMS
- Symphony No. 5 in D Major: III. Romanza — 13 min.
Available recordings | via SoundCloud
- Description |
Citizen Soldier commemorates the ongoing 75th anniversary of World War II. The period from 1939 to 1945 was a time of struggle, sacrifice, and unprecedented economic, industrial, and human mobilization that blurred many distinctions between military and civilian life. Created with archival WWII photography from over a dozen countries, this concert piece reflects on some of the men and women from the international mix of more than 100 million everyday people who participated in history’s most widespread conflict.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of historical images choreographed by our artist
- Premiere |
- Canton Symphony Orchestra (Copland version), Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra (Vaughan Williams version), The Phoenix Symphony (Barber version)
- Pairs well with |
- No Man's Land, The Eternal Struggle, National Park Suite