Music | Choose one music option
- Serenade for Strings, Op. 22 — 30 min.
- Symphony No. 7 in D Minor, Op. 70, B. 141 — 38 min.
- At Twilight, Op. 39 — 16 min.
- Má vlast
- Select 1, 2 or 3 symphonic poems:
- I. Vyšehrad — 14 min.
- II. The Moldau — 12 min.
- IV. From Bohemia's Woods and Fields — 12 min.
Sample music | via SoundCloud
- Description |
Smetana and Dvořák’s famed Czech homeland has a fiery history, but today it is characterized by rolling Bohemian countryside, wine-sipping Moravian charm and the Old World–magic of Prague—the City of 100 Spires. From dramatic castles and red-roofed villages to the legendary Moldau river, Czech Journeys is a multilayered cultural exploration of the Czech Republic paired with music inspired by its beauty.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of images choreographed by our artist
- Premiere |
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra and Toronto Symphony Orchestra (commissioning orchestras), Acadiana Symphony Orchestra (Moldau version), Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra (Má vlast 3-mvt. version)
- Pairs well with |
- Mágico, Sagaland, Woodlands
- Photographed across much of the Czech Republic
- Production travel included two separate month-long photographic trips during summer and fall
- Photography and choreography by Nicholas Bardonnay and James Westwater
- Czech Journeys |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece