Music | Choose two music options (one per part)
Part I: 'Tradicíon'
- Sinfonía India — 12 min.
- El Salón México — 11 min.
- Tierra de Temporal — 13 min.
Part II: 'Vida'
- Danzón No. 2 — 9 min.
- Huapango — 9 min.
Available recordings | via SoundCloud
- Description |
Mexico is so much more than you hear about in the news: boisterous festivals, 16th century colonial towns, ancient wonders, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet. The country also boasts one of the most biodiverse landscapes on Earth—spanning everything from deserts to rainforests to coastal mangroves…and 18,000-foot snowcapped volcanoes. Mágico weaves together a vibrant tapestry of the people, places and special “habanero spice” of everyday life across 18 states in Mexico. From Zacatecas to Chiapas, Oaxaca to Baja California Sur, Mágico draws audiences into Mexico’s colorful heart and treats their senses to the sights and sounds of a country that relatively few outsiders get to know.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of images choreographed by our artist
- Pairs well with |
- Pre~Columbia, National Park Suite, Czech Journeys, Rodeo!, Sagaland, Vanishing Forest
- Production spanned one year and 18 states across Mexico, including Chiapas, Zacatecas, Puebla, Veracruz, Michoacán, and Baja California Sur
- During their year in Mexico, Nicholas and Erin had three primary home bases: Guanajuato, Mérida and Mexico City
- Preparation for the project included 3 months of Spanish-language immersion classes in the Guanajuato, a beautiful colonial city in central Mexico
- Photography and choreography by Nicholas Bardonnay
- Mágico |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece