Music | Choose one music option
- "Choral" Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125: III. Adagio molto e cantabile — 16 min.
- Tender Land Orchestral Suite: I. Introduction and Love Music; and III. Finale: The Promise of Living — 16 min.
- "From the New World" Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, Op. 95: II. Largo — 15 min.
Available recordings | via SoundCloud
- Description |
Yellowstone, Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, and the Great Smoky Mountains are just a few of the dozens of national parks and monuments showcasing America’s best, brightest, and most majestic natural treasures in this must-see concert piece. Embodying the American spirit and our love for wide-open spaces, National Park Suite celebrates the proud legacy of the National Park Service through a breathtaking compilation of places that have inspired generations of Americans and countless international visitors.
“National parks are the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best… .” —Wallace Stegner, writer, historian and conservationist
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of images choreographed by our artist
- Premiere |
- National Symphony Orchestra (Dvořák version), Akron Symphony (Copland version)
- Pairs well with |
- Reflections of the Spirit, Rodeo!, The Eternal Struggle
- Newly created photography and handpicked selections from our vast photo collection
- Showcasing 30+ national parks and monuments including: Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion, Olympic, Arches, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, and dozens more.
- Photography by Nicholas Bardonnay and James Westwater
- Choreography by Nicholas Bardonnay
- National Park Suite |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece