Music | Choose one music option
- Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun — 11 min.
- "Sorrowful Songs" Symphony No. 3, Op. 36: II. Lento e largo - Tranquillissimo — 10 min.
- The Enchanted Lake, Op. 62 — 10 min.
- Symphony No. 5: IV. Adagietto — 12 min.
- Three Gymnopédies (orchestral arrangements) — 10 min.
- Lemminkainen Suite, Op. 22: II. The Swan of Tuonela — 12 min.
Available recordings | via SoundCloud
- Description |
The presence of nature emanates from the shrouded ancient forests and lush, delicate undergrowth along the wild Pacific Ocean. Pacifica weaves together the miniature with the magnificent in the coastal Pacific Northwest. It is set during the atmospheric winter months, when a soft light cloaks the misty forests and time stands still. The piece is a mesmerizing combination of music and imagery, surrounding the senses with beauty.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of images choreographed by our artist
- Premiere |
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra (Mahler version), Acadiana Symphony Orchestra (Sibelius version)
- Pairs well with |
- Canyonlands, Grand Canyon Country, Reflections of the Spirit, Sagaland, Vanishing Forest, Woodlands
- Photographed over 4 months in coastal Pacific Northwest, primarily in Olympic National Park
- Includes aerial photography of Pacific coastline and forests from helicopter
- Production travel included over a dozen, 4-5 day winter camping trips in coastal Washington and Oregon
- Photography and choreography by Nicholas Bardonnay
- Pacifica |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece