- La Noche de los Mayas: Mvt. I — 7 min.
Available recordings | via SoundCloud
- Description |
Long before contact with Europeans, sophisticated pre-Columbian civilizations, like the Mayans, Aztecs and Zapotecs, built vast, temple-filled cities across Mesoamerica. Their worldview celebrated nature, conquest, the underworld, and the mystery of the sky above. Pre~Columbia captures the powerful and enigmatic qualities found amongst the ancient stone ruins, artwork, and natural beauty from some of the New World’s most sacred and impressive archaeological sites.
Pre~Columbia can serve as a scene-setting prelude for Mágico, or consider pairing it with another piece exploring the New World.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of images choreographed by our artist
- Pairs well with |
- Mágico, Reflections of the Spirit, Vanishing Forest
- Photographed on-location in central and southern Mexico
- Features imagery from a variety of pre-Columbian sites including Palenque, Chichén Itzá, Monte Albán, Uxmal, Ek' Balam, and Teotihuacán
- Can serve as a scene-setting prelude to Mágico
- Photography and choreography by Nicholas Bardonnay
- Pre~Columbia |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece