Music | Choose one music option
- "Pastoral" Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68: II. Scene By the Brook — 17 min.
- From the Bohemian Forest, Op. 68, B. 182: V. Silent Woods — 8 min.
Available recordings | via SoundCloud
- Description |
The lofty forest canopies, leafy riverbanks and colorful fall vistas of the eastern U.S. create an almost storybook-like setting. Woodlands is a lingering meditation on the nature of life’s transitions—from the abundance of spring to autumn’s warm glow and winter’s promise. Paired with music by Beethoven or Dvořák, this concert piece is a relaxing musical and visual retreat from the cares of modern life.
- Format |
- Live music + multiple digital projectors + 440-square-foot screen + 100s of images choreographed by our artist
- Premiere |
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra
- Pairs well with |
- Canyonlands, Czech Journeys, Pacifica
- Photographed in the temperate deciduous forests of eastern US
- Production travel included several photographic trips during spring, summer and fall to depict seasonal transitions
- Photography by James Westwater
- Choreography and performed by Nicholas Bardonnay
- Woodlands |
- Click to view sample images from 100s in the concert piece